Monday, June 15, 2009

Cabin


This weekend we went to my Grandparent's cabin in Mount Pleasant. This couldn't have been a better way to end the week for Brandon and I. Wednesday night I flew home from Seattle, Thursday I ran to work for a couple hours and by 12:00 noon we headed to the cabin. Even though it was a rainy weekend, we had a great time. It was so nice not having to worry about anything-- no cell phones, no computers, no projects etc.






We did some 4-wheeling and Jake, my soon to be brother-in-law brought his dune buggy. The four of us, Brooke, Jake, Brandon, and me, went for a long ride on Saturday, although it didn't end up being as long as we wanted, because we couldn't go up much more, there was still too much snow! We couldn't get the buggy over some of the drifts in the road. While trying to get the buggy out of the snow, where is got stuck, Brandon broke the wench cable trying to pull Jake out. That put it to an end, time to turn around and go back.




It was a great weekend relaxing and enjoying spending time together. I am so glad that my grandparents have the cabin that we can enjoy! It was fun spending time with them as well as with Brooke and Jake.














1 comment:

  1. Oh, the cabin! I have so many fun memories there. It looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete