Thursday, June 14, 2012

St George getaway

Last week we headed to St George for a few days.  It was so nice to get away, and so much fun!  We left Thursday morning when I got home from work.  We decided to stop in Beaver at the cheese factory for some ice cream and let Ruby run around for a bit.  Best idea ever (thanks Brooke).  We discovered Ruby likes licorice ice cream like her Mom!  Once we got settled in St George I ran a couple errands and did a little shopping, while Brandon and Ruby played at the condo. 





licorice ice cream that we shared!

Friday morning I met my best rollerblading buddy, Emily, and we went rollerblading.  It was so much fun!  We went on a trail that was close to her house and it was so awesome, I wish we lived by each other!  Then Emily was so nice and did my nails!  It was so awesome she did them with the UV polish and glitter and they look SOOO good.  I love them, and now I am going to have to get the stuff to do my own!  Later that day we took Ruby to a splash park that was a couple blocks from the condo.  It took Ruby a little while to warm up to the idea, but soon she loved it!  It was HOT, so it felt really good.  Ruby loved watching all the other kids play too!  That afternoon Brandon's family arrived, we had dinner, took family pics, and played some card games. 






  









* My brother in law took the family pics, he is incredible and does such a great job!*

Saturday I went rollerblading with Emily again and I was reminded how out of shape I am.  We went a little bit farther than the day before, and I wasn't very smart cause I didn't bring water with me; luckily there was a drinking fountain on the trail, it saved me!  By the time we finished I was pooped and had 3 big blisters, I ended up walking the last block home in my socks.  When I got home we headed to Golden Corral for the Breakfast buffet to celebrate Fathers Day with Brandon's family, since we were all together and we are going to be gone on Fathers day.  I was surprised, it was actually really good!  Then we did a little shopping and headed home for a much needed nap. 
That evening we headed to Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera, (since it's not going to be there for much longer).  Thank you to Emily for watching Ruby so we could go!  Phantom was awesome!  I love Vegas and the awesome shows, wish we could go more often!  We also ate at one of my favorite restaurants before we left, the Grand Lux Cafe, it was so yummy!  We didn't realize there was a huge carnival going on in Vegas at the raceway; it took us over an hour to get out of Vegas at 11pm.  I was so glad and thankful that Emily was willing to keep Ruby all night, since we didn't get home until 2! 






 Sunday I headed over around 7 to pick up Ruby at Emily's.  Ruby did well and wasn't even awake yet.   Knowing we were all exhausted and everyone was still sleeping at the condo, Ruby and I filled the car up with gas, and headed to a park with some yogurt and a muffin for breakfast.  We ate, we played, then we went on a walk.  We walked around the temple a couple times and tried to waste time.  Then we cleaned up and headed for home.  Such a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment