My G'ma and G'pa live where we had a really bad wind storm a couple of days ago, so Saturday we went to help clean up. We thought we were prepare with three chain saws and one 18ft trailer with sides 5 feet tall. Boy were we surprised when we got up there and found this....
Talk about overwhelming!!
And this is only the damage in the front yard! Luckily there wasn't near the damage in the backyard.
Talk about overwhelming!!
And this is only the damage in the front yard! Luckily there wasn't near the damage in the backyard.
We were so lucky to have many ward members show up to help. I think at one point they were at least 6 chain saws running all at once. It was a long day and there is no way we would have even put a dent in the amount of piled trees and limbs if people from the ward didn't show up. I was even talking to a couple and they lived in a city about 20 minutes away and just came down to see if they could help someone, and it just so happened they stopped at my grandparents house to help. I was very humbled at the amount of help we had, and the fact that this couple came down just to see if there was someone who could use some help; especially after walking in the house to check on Ruby and seeing my Grandpa laying on the floor, because he was in soo much pain he couldn't move anymore; sure made me even more grateful for all the help and service that everyone contributed.
more pics, because it was just so unbelievable. It literally looked like a war zone!

The side of their house, these 2 trees took about 20 feet of the earth with them when they fell. And luckily nothing hit the house!!




You can actually see a little grass!!! YEAH progress!




We were lucky that it wasn't freezing cold; it was cold but no wind (lucky us) and the sun was out, so once you got working you didn't need much but a sweat shirt, something for your ears (me), and gloves.
It was one long day and we are all so sore now we can barely even walk.
more pics, because it was just so unbelievable. It literally looked like a war zone!
The side of their house, these 2 trees took about 20 feet of the earth with them when they fell. And luckily nothing hit the house!!
Amongst our clean up, the neighbors across the street had smoke in the basement, so the fire department showed up, 3 fire trucks, fire chief, ambulance, and 2 policemen- closing off the street both ways. While this all happened my Gma had run a few errands and came home to this. Scared her, at first she thought my Gpa had a heart attack, then she thought my Dad had fallen and hurt himself. As soon as I saw her I ran over to put her mind at ease. :) Turns out they had an electrical fire.
taking a little rest, much needed
You can actually see a little grass!!! YEAH progress!
The neighbors actually got this hunk of ground back where it went, I got video of it, but when it all happened I was watching it and filming the ground! haha I will still post it, you can see the tree together and then some of it gone, and everything shaking after. I was bummed I wasn't paying attention to the video, but I think someone else might have gotten it on camera, so I might be able to get different footage eventually.
sorry its from my phone and I can't put it upright.
It was one long day and we are all so sore now we can barely even walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment