Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 5

Cabo (day 1)
Today we went Whale watching in a zodiac boat (the kind with the tube around the outside of the boat, but it has a hard bottom).  Gpa Jeff stayed on board with Ruby.  They napped, and had room service.

waiting in the theater to go on our whale watching adventure.
Life jackets on, CHECK.




Sea lion that stays around the harbor


the beautiful view

Chris and Savannah

We saw 2 kinds of whales.  First we saw grey whales, and then later we saw sperm whales.  It was so cool!  I wished I would have taken my zoom lens, I talked myself out of taking it (STUPID).  But given the pictures you can see how close we were to these incredible animals.

I didn't take these 2 pics, but I wanted to show you what they actually look like
Grey Whale

Sperm Whale


This is what you call their footprint.  You see the circle, that is from the blow hole, leaving a "footprint".


It was a bummer when we saw tails, cause that means they were headed down for at least 20 minutes.


We saw 2 whales breach (jump out of the water), they don't do that a lot.  It was SO cool!  I didn't get a picture though, bummer, there was people in my way.



The view of Cabo from the ship, so pretty

Another cool thing, our guide kept telling us here comes another one and where; we couldn't figure out how he could see them.  But once you see it you can't miss it, it's this greenish blue color they get about 5 feet before the come to the surface.  You can see another whale under this one that is about to surface too!


our ship

After our whale watching adventure we did some shopping and decided to eat at a local taco place and have us some real Mexican cuisine and a cultural experience.
Chris and Kanecia.  She is having bracelets made, but it looks like a drug deal is going down- ha ha


We chose to eat at this little taco place a few blocks away from the main drag.  It was called Godo Lele's Tacos.  It was quite the experience!  We ordered bottled water and started our taco orders from their one page menu, and then at the end he tells us the tacos are on flour tortillas not corn.  That's fine, but most of us thought they would be on corn, since that is more traditional.  My Aunt asked if she could have her chicken tacos on corn.  No problemo.  Well as the food starts coming out they bring out the wrong thing, and it is very confusing.  The corn tacos were beef, which is what I ordered except I didn't order them on corn.  Two of the orders were mixed up with the items on the plates, and one completely wrong.  This starts to really frustrate the 2 guys working this small, hole in the wall, joint, so we all start taking whatever and switching things around so they are as right at possible.  We are now hoping that nothing was spit in when they took it back to the kitchen, and then brought it right back out again.  And then he runs out of corn tortillas, so I ate beef tacos on corn, and my Aunt had to eat her chicken tacos on flour.  And best of all, they used produce bags over the plates, ya know easy clean up, I guess!  (*remember for when I don't have paper plates).  We had a good laugh over everything.  The food was good and no one got sick, so all in all, we had a great time!
Kanecia

Rhonda and Todd

Chris

Everyone



To top off our meal, the owner turned on some music and sang a Beetles song to us, with his fake microphone and a fake little ukelele, as we were getting ready to go!  It was hilarious, he was very good though.  He had beetles posters plastered all over his walls as well as many pics of people who had visited and police/service badges from all sorts of places.  VERY INTERESTING HA HA. 

1 comment: